Lead Auditor, Auditor and Internal Auditor’s Training using API Spec Q1/ISO 9001:2015
April 2, 2019 - April 4, 2019
Learn how to lead and conduct internal audits and vendor assessments to API Specification Q1 9th Edition within your organization through our unique training experience which combines the practical application of both lead auditor and internal auditor skills with a real industry related exercises and experienced lead auditor examples.
This course will help you to develop the skills needed to establish the audit criteria based on the elements of API Spec Q1 9th Edition and some ISO 9001:2015. Additionally, the course will teach you how to assess and report on the conformance and effective implementation of established processes, which will contribute to the continual improvement of a Quality Management System based on API Specification Q1 and some of the new ISO 9001:2015 requirements.
This three-day course is designed for those individuals desiring to become lead, internal or second party (i.e. vendor) auditors and other personnel responsible for their organization’s quality assurance department and its related activities. The course focuses on the application of the quality management principals in conducting an audit within the organization and outside the organization. One of the unique aspects of the TIEC Lead and Internal Auditor training program is the opportunity to conduct actual audit exercises based on the oil and gas industry and API related standards. The course is conducted by experienced trainers who also have extensive auditing competency.
During this class participants with learn how to:
- Plan and conduct an audit at a company providing products and/or services to the petroleum and natural gas industry with the focus on practical planning, audit execution, reporting and follow-up strategies
- Learn effective auditing techniques with practical real life examples of their application
- Examine the attributes of a good auditor with an emphasis on what is expected from an auditor
- Recognize and document nonconformances
- Develop corrective action documentation
- Overview of Quality and Quality Management Fundamentals
- Overview of Quality Management Standards and Product Specs
- Types and Purpose of Audits
- Auditing Elements vs. Processes
- Auditing Methods and Techniques
- Attributes of a Management System Auditor
- Auditor Competency and Qualification
- Audit Planning, Execution and Reporting
- Corrective Action and Follow-up
- Practical, Hands-on in class Auditing Exercises
Who Should Attend
- API Monogram Licensees and Applicants
- API Spec Q1 Applicants and Certified Companies
- Quality Assurance Personnel and Management Representatives
- Purchasing Personnel responsible for Vendor Approvals and Re-evaluations
- Quality System Auditors and Professionals
- Personnel involved in Supplier Assessment Activities
- Personnel involved with Specifying Equipment Requirements
Mr. Don Kemper, is a quality management and auditing professional with 36 years of experience in quality operations, supply chain assessments, vendor audits, audit management, technical advisory services, quality assurance, pipe, coatings and equipment inspections, HSSE, warehousing, and training. Don’s auditing experience includes ISO (9001, 14001, 18001), API, PED, and Registrar Certification. Quality Management Systems and projects include: Upstream and downstream manufacturing, drilling, exploration in petroleum industries located worldwide in over 20 countries. Don has participated for over 23 years on the American Petroleum Institute’s (API) Standardization Committees serving on subcommittees: SC 5-Tubulars (API 5L, API 5CT API 5B), SC18-Quality (API Q1, API Q2) and SC20-Supply Chain Standards. Don is an experienced API Q1 and Q2 Senior Auditor having conducted Q2 Beta, Mock, GAP and Certification/Licensing audits for the API and is approved for over 40 API Product Standards. He holds numerous auditing and inspection certifications, such as IRCA, RABQSA and API, plus is an approved auditor for several of the world’s largest oil, gas and service corporations. Formerly an API Master Trainer of API Q1 and Q2 Specifications, he has trained on a number of other API Product Specifications as well. Don has been a guest lecturer in the energy industry for over 20 years for various associations and at numerous industry events.
Houston, USA Training Registration Information
Course Fee: $1,595.00